PLACEBO DAY - On the Second of Maaaaay! Pass It On!
Placebo Day started as a bit of fun many years ago on Live Journal. It was decided that we clearly do not spend enough time devoted to PLACEBO therefore needed to dedicate a whole day to them… May 2nd was chosen simply because it is mentioned in The Bitter End.
WHY: Why not? It gives everyone a chance to remember why they love the band and to LET OTHERS KNOW too!
WHAT: There’s a massive amount of things that you can do on Placebo day, only limited by your imagination, here’s some ideas -
- LISTEN to Placebo
- Get others to listen to Placebo
- Call/e-mail/tweet etc your local radio stations and request PLACEBO! Let them know it is Placebo Day!
- Watch your DVDs and live gigs
- Share your favourite lyrics, quotes, photos, youtube videos on the forum & social media.
- Wear your Placebo gear - take selfies, show us your other merch & share on the #PlaceboDay tag (instagram, tumblr, twitter). Follow PFWW, we will reblog/retweet creative & fun posts from the tags.
- Come play with your PLACEBO friends on the Official PLACEBO forum (and get other fans to sign up!)
NOTE: If you are on Twitter, please do not use the #PlaceboDay tag until it is Placebo Day, otherwise it is hard to trend. We may even pick a window of time where we will all use another variation so that the spike in usage will trend.
For more info visit the Placebo Day thread on PFWW.